On June 2nd, we celebrated life, hope, love, sharing, and the tenacity of the human spirit as CSCVVSB joined over 700 communities throughout North America and elsewhere in celebrating life as part of the 31st annual national cancer survivor’s day, the world’s largest cancer survivor event.
We would like to take to acknowledge and thank those who made this day possible:
- Kiwanis Club of Thousand Oaks. The Kiwanis of Thousand Oaks is a dear friend of CSC. Theyprepared and donated the delicious food for today’s celebration. They helped us open our doors in 1991 with a major gift and have been a very generous supporter ever since by providing us with their outstanding BBQ for our National Cancer Survivors Day celebration since 1998!
- The Soroptimists for helping serving today’s lunch.
- National Charity League Conejo & Vista RoblesChapters for their fabulous cookies and help with set up, serving and clean up.
- Starbucks on Lindero Canyon in Oak Park & Starbucks on Agoura Road in Westlake Village for delicious coffee.
- Baskin-Robins for ice cream.
- Conejo Photo Booth for the Photo Booth and the professional photography of our event.
- Rhythm 805 and Chard Hayward & Aleta Dara for the great music.
- Cancer Support Community staff, board, and the many amazing volunteers that make this day possible.
This is a day we celebrated! A day we paused and celebrated the courage and compassion of cancer survivors and the people who care for them. It is a day we celebrated YOU! Thank you for attending!
Please visit our Facebook page, by the clicking on the link below, to see pictures from the NCSD Picnic and Butterfly Release.Click for Facebook photos